We are happy to share our list of iPhone apps with you and ask that you assist us by commenting below. We would particularly appreciate your letting us know which of these you recommend or avoid — and why.
The list below is for consumers. Please see our other iPhone app review blog entries for professionals, researchers and students, telemental health practitioners.
While consumers regularly leave reviews and comments at the iTunes Store, we are particularly looking for commentary from trained professionals in this forum. Consumers interested in commenting on apps are invited to visit our blog at our sister publication: SelfhelpMagazine.
iPhone APPS FOR CONSUMERS
- Adult Dyslexia – $0.99
- Anxiety & Panic Attacks – $0.99
- Anxiety Free – FREE
- aSleep Classic (Sleep Helper)- $0.99
- Beat Social Phobia – $2.99
- BMI Calculator – FREE
- Brain Age Lite – FREE
- Deep Relaxation (Silva Method) – FREE
- Disability and Vision Impaired Apps (Disabled World)
- eCBT Mood (Depression) – $0.99
- iCBT (Stress and Anxiety) – $4.99
- iCounselor: Anger – $0.99
- iCounselor: Anxiety – $0.99
- iCounselor: Depression – $0.99
- iCounselor: Eating Disorder – $0.99
- iCounselor: OCD – $0.99
- Let Panic Go – $2.99
- Live Happy (Positive Psychology Program) – $0.99
- Memory (Exercise Your Brain) – $.99
- MyTalkTools Mobile – $39.99
- Proloquo2Go (Text-to-Speech) – $189.99
- Self-Hypnosis – $2.99
- Speak it! Text to Speech – $1.99
- StressFree (Breathing Techniques)- $1.99
- Stress Management Techniques – FREE
- iBreath Breathalyzer (by David Steele) – $79.99
Please Help Our Effort
Your help would also be appreciated in adding other suggestions for this category in the comment box below.
# # #
Marlene M. Maheu, Ph.D. is the Executive Director of the TeleMental Health Institute, Inc., offering a Certificate training program in TeleMental Health for telepsychiatry, telepsychology, telesocial work, and online counseling. She also leads an iPhone development team specializing in mental health applications of mHealth technologies. Academic books authored by Dr. Maheu and colleagues include eHealth, Telehealth and Telemedicine and The Mental Health Professional & the New Technologies.